Monday, August 13, 2007

楊過 in the eyes of 小龍女

In Stephen Chan's "Be My Guest" show, 小龍女 "Xiaolongnü" Idy Chan talks about 楊過 "Yang Guo" Andy...



Stephen:
In some old new articles, Andy mentioned that he felt in love with "Xiaolongnü" when he was filming "Return of the Condor Heros". He was very happy at work. He was very sad when he had to go home after work. When you were filming "Return of the Condor Heros", did you fall in love with "Yang Guo" as well?

Idy:
Yes. Every time I act in long or short TV shows, I'll mentally become the person inside the show. I'll fall in love with the opponent. Actually, there is a problem with my acting. My acting is not very good, because when I am filming, I'll mentally become that person a little. When the filming is done, I'll quickly pull back my emotions. There is a contradiction here. I quickly pull back my emotions, but I'm supposed to be very in love with the opponent. I want to be very in love with the opponent, but I'm unable to fall in love with him, so this is very strange.

Stephen:
This is just like "Xiaolongnü"!

Idy:
Yes. Acting as "Xiaolongnü" is very good to watch. However, other characters that I act in are not good to watch. In all TV shows except "Return of the Condor Heros", I think my acting is very bad.

Stephen:
Are you afraid that if you put your emotions into the show's character, you cannot pull back and you'll fall in love with the male actor?

Idy:
I had a boyfriend at that time. I shouldn't fall in love with another person even if it's just acting.

(More food came.)

Stephen:
You just mentioned that you shouldn't fall in love with another person because you had a boyfriend at that time. What if you don't have a boyfriend? If Andy wants to date you, would you accept?

Idy:
I don't think so.

Stephen:
Why??

Idy:
Because he is younger. At that time, girls likes to fall in love with guys that are older than them. Andy was like a kid... jumping around all the time... I think he might have been very sleepy, because he was in most of the scenes. Everytime you see him, he had lots of body movements. I think he was like a kid. It was funny to watch his body movements. In my mind, he was a kid.

Stephen:
You think he was not mature enough?

Idy:
He was not mature enough. I want a mature person to protect me. I don't want to take care of a kid.
(The next part seems to contradict with her previous speech. May be she thinks differently now? She wants a "kid-like" person??)
A person shouldn't act like his/her own age. A person should act like a kid. If you act like your own age and you're getting older and older, then you'll be depressed.

Stephen:
Now is different. You are now single and Andy is mature now. Do you think "this" Andy will suit you?

Idy:
At this moment in life, I don't think I need love life.

Stephen:
hahahaha

No comments: